SHRIMP FRIED CAULIFLOWER RICE
Skip the takeout and enjoy a healthy, easy spin on the traditional shrimp fried rice recipe.
- 1 1/2 lb uncooked shrimp, shelled and devined
- 1 tsp (or to taste) crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup scallions
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Combine shrimp and crushed red pepper flakes in a bowl. Toss and let stand.
- Heat sesame oil in large pan over high heat. Add bell pepper, peas, scallions, and garlic. Sauté 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp mixture to pan. Sauté 4-5 minutes, or until shrimp are pink.
- Add cauliflower and sauté for 2 minutes. Push mixture to edges of pan, making an open circle in the center. Add egg to pan in the open space and cook for 1 minute. Then, toss egg with cauliflower rice mixture.
- Add soy sauce and 1 tbsp of water to mixture and toss to combine.